Lebanese Potato Salad is my version of a Lebanese classic, another way to make my Dill Potato Salad, also posted in this blog. I like to use turmeric with potatoes whenever I can, leave the peels on potatoes, and take advantage of the beautiful variety of colorful potato skins these days. I always start lighter with my seasonings and adjust them up to what is listed in the recipe if needed.
Lebanese Potato Salad
- 6 lb. potatoes (2/3 white/yellow skins, 1/3 red and/or purple skins)
- 1 TB salt
- 1 TB turmeric
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2-3 Middle Eastern dill pickles chopped
- 4-5 TB lemon juice (juice of about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Using a variety of potatoes to give color to the salad and leaving the peels on, dice into 1″ pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add 1 TB turmeric. Add diced potatoes, bring back to a boil, reduce heat and cook until done (can be pierced through easily with a fork).
- When done, remove potatoes from water, drain, chill quickly in an ice water bath, and drain again.
- Place chilled potatoes in a bowl. Sprinkle olive oil over them, then lemon juice, then chopped dill, green onions, and seasonings.
- Fold all together gently, adjust seasoning, enjoy!