LEMONY MUSHROOMS, LENTILS & GREENS
- Lentils, 2 cups dry
- Crimini mushrooms (Baby Bella), 1 lb. sliced
- Greens, rough chopped (I used kale this time – if using a “softer” green, just add in at the very end)
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
- Hot paprika, 1/4 tsp.
- Juice of fresh lemon, 1 TB (or to taste)
- Salt, 3/4 tsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2 TB
- Rinse and cook the lentils until just done, about 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Wipe the mushrooms to clean, then slice them.
- Wash and chop the greens. Mince the garlic.
- Add 1 TB olive oil to a pan, then add the sliced mushrooms and pan roast until browned and liquid is evaporated. I periodically stir and push the mushrooms to the edge of the pan so the liquid moves to the center and evaporates more quickly.
- Add the minced garlic to the mushrooms and saute a moment longer.
- Add the chopped greens and saute until it softens some. If I use a “softer” green like spinach, I’ll add the lentils to the pan first, then the spinach at the very end.
- Add the second TB of olive oil and the lentils, lemon juice and salt and saute until well blended.
- Taste, adjust seasoning and serve.
For more, visit my blog, vegetatingwithleslie.org, “Like” me on FaceBook/Vegetating with Leslie or follow me on Twitter, @vegwithleslie.