Oh, so good! I could sit down and enjoy a meal of just these.
- Green beans, 1 lb.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/4 cup
- Plum tomatoes, 4 petite diced
- Tomato Paste, 4 TB
- Garlic, 3-4 cloves minced
- Turmeric, 1.5 tsp.
- Cumin, 1.5 tsp.
- Salt, 1.5 tsp.
- Hot paprika, 1 tsp.
- Lemon, juice of 1/2
On another occasion, these were some organic French style green beans I was able to get at Costco. Beautiful:
- Sauté the minced garlic in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add petite diced tomatoes, tomato paste and other seasonings and simmer for a short while.
- Add prepared green beans, stir, cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Stir, replace cover, and cook another 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
Eat and enjoy, or serve up as part of a mezze, a Middle Eastern-style “appetizer” table.
For more, visit my blog, vegetatingwithleslie.org, “Like” me on FaceBook/Vegetating with Leslie or follow me on Twitter,@vegwithleslie.