This potato salad is my version of a Lebanese classic. It is the vegan version of my Dill Potato Salad, also posted in this blog. I like to use turmeric with potatoes whenever I can, leave the peels on potatoes and take advantage of the beautiful variety of colorful potato skins these days. I always start lighter with my seasonings and adjust them up to what is listed in the recipe if needed.
- 6 lb. potatoes (2/3 white/yellow skins, 1/3 red and/or purple skins)
- 1 TB salt
- 1 TB turmeric
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2-3 Middle Eastern dill pickles chopped
- 4-5 TB lemon juice (juice of about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Using a variety of potatoes to give color to the salad and leaving the peels on, dice into 1″ pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add 1 TB turmeric. Add diced potatoes, bring back to a boil, reduce heat and cook until done (can be pierced through easily with a fork).
- When done, remove potatoes from water, drain, chill quickly in ice water bath, and drain again.
- Place chilled potatoes in bowl. Sprinkle olive oil over them, then lemon juice, then chopped dill, green onions and seasonings.
- Fold all together gently, adjust seasoning, enjoy!
These potatoes are cut in a 1″ dice and cooked in boiling water with tumeric.
These are additional chopped ingredients. Take a look at that 3d printed lemon juicer that my son printed for me! It sits on a cup and is the best juicer I’ve ever had. The shape of the “cone” makes the difference.
Potatoes with all ingredients waiting to be folded in to complete the salad.